Monday, October 8, 2007

Wedding Summary

I had SUCH a good time this weekend! I finally got to meet Ajay and think he is just perfect for Kaylene. Really nice guy and fun to be around. Congrats you two!It did snow on the day of the wedding, not a lot, but it did. The sun came out at the very end, perfect timing for some outdoor pictures. (Click on the picture below to go to the whole photo album)


Kaylene and Ajay's Wedding

Kaylene and Ajay's friends were a riot to hang out with. It was so nice to meet Naomi and Kirsten, who I have heard much about.

Me, Naomi, Kirsten, and Kaylene
And their air force buddies! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time...they greatly enjoyed singing the 80s tunes that were played. Nothing like watching a bunch of guys in mess dress singing Bon Jovi's "Shot through the Heart" at the top (and I do mean top) of their lungs.

I caught a ride back to Vegas with Mickey, Jen, and Jon and we walked around the strip for a few hours (first time I've been to Vegas), went to a small car show in Caesar's Palace, then it was off to the airport.

New York New York and the strip

1968 Shelby GT 500...
So added to my list of places to go: South Dakota to visit Ajay and Kaylene (although I was already planning this-howver, they are deploying in January), England (to visit Kevin and his wife Kristen-Kevin flies the KC-135- I don't think he has ever met anyone who got excited about that! I think I made his day :) ), Kirsten and David in Florida, and Naomi and Mark in Colorado...whew, let the frequent flyer miles begin! New friends are fun!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your dress and hair were so cute!

Unknown said...

Melissa,
I think you look very nice! I like that hair do.

Brenda H.

Adrienne Renea said...

Melissa! You look gorgeous!!!
I love that hair!

Lynn and Chad said...

Diddo on the hair and dress commments! Very pretty! I'm glad everything went well. Say hi to Kaylene for me!

Anonymous said...

I think the Brittons will get to be here one more weekend. YES!!!! Let's go see Ruth - that would be a blast! Think about a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Melissa- I was told over and over again how you were the most beautiful bridesmaid. Thanks again for being there and having fun! I didn't know you'd never been to Vegas before...we'll have to remedy that situation!

-Kaylene

Unknown said...

Melissa- I was told over and over again how you were the most beautiful bridesmaid. Thank you for coming out all the way to UT and having fun! I didn't know you'd never been to Las Vegas before...we'll have to remedy that situation!