Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New food

So lately I've been having trouble finding food that sounds appetizing to me, so I went digging online for some new recipes. I found a spinach-artichoke lasagna recipe, a Morrocan soup, Indian dahl, and a recipe using quinoa. Quinoa is a South American grain (kinda a cross between rice and couscous). I made the quinoa dish tonight and it was really good (corn, black beans,quinoa, and cilantro). Yum! I just pulled the lasagna out of the oven...it smells good. I about tripled my spice collection with my trip to the grocery store today. I could only buy the garam masala and tumeric in bulk (they were really cheap though...)...same with the red lentils...so I now have enough to last me about ten years...I hope spices don't go bad...

1 comment:

Lynn and Chad said...

Oooh those sound good. I'm kinda nervous about trying Indian food cuz i'm a wimp when it comes to curry and spicy stuff(although, buffalo wings are good..go figure). Let me know how it turns out. If I can dial down the spice then I'll totally try it!

Oh, may I have your Hungarian chicken recipe? I want to make it...it was really yummy when you made it for us!