Friday, April 18, 2008

Books books books!!!

What better excuse than a 20 hour plane ride to make a trip to Half Price books? I am an avid reader and, unfortunately, a fast reader. I say unfortunately because that means I always tote a lot of books with me when I travel. I usually stick to classics since I feel that most bestsellers are disappointing (to be fair, I have found a few good ones). I vacillated over an Amy Tan and a Leon Uris (Leon Uris is a FANTASTIC author by the way, I've read most of his stuff), but alas, I had a budget to stick to.

For my trip to India, here is my book list:

"Atonement" by Ian McEwan (no I haven't seen the movie)
"Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" by Fannie Flagg (yes I have seen the movie and read another of Fannie's books- she's a fun author)
"Howard's End" by E.M. Forster
"Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen (I've heard nothing but good things about this one)
"When We Were Orphans" by Kazuo Ishiguro (he also wrote "The Remains of the Day"- good book)
"The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway

Now the key is not to start reading them until I leave! Shouldn't be a problem- my friend Moose loaned me two J.D Salinger books ("The Catcher in the Rye" and "Franny and Zooey")

Ah, books are great :)

2 comments:

Joshua said...

How did you make it out of college without reading "The Catcher in the Rye"???

Adrienne Renea said...

oooo...Yum, books! The flight to Louisville isn't long, but I plan on getting some reading done!