Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christina's Tree Huggers- Round Two


Christina's Tree Huggers Team

For the second time, Christina convinced us to get up early on a Saturday morning and attempt to make Houston more green by planting trees for Arbor Day. The last time we went (two years ago) it was raining and muddy (really muddy- I had to be pulled out of the mud at one point because I was stuck). Today the weather was much better- a bit chilly, but dry. We figure we planted around 250 trees...not bad for 10 people and 2.5hrs...


Our fearless leader thinking "Melissa put the camera away and dig"


Once again, "Melissa put the camera away and dig" :) ( I won't point out that neither Paul nor Brandon is digging at this point...maybe Paul is thinking "you really want a picture of me blowing my nose?")


Moose ready for work


I really like my gloves...they were super grippy.


Yup, Brandon broke his shovel


Greg diggin' in


Sandy delivering water


Laura grinning, despite the fact she was having major sinus issues...

No comments: