Saturday, January 31, 2009

Houston Auto Show 2009

As per tradition, I rounded up a group of co-workers and we headed to the Houston Auto Show. No, I'm not looking for a new car right now...I just like to drool over the pretty cars. I was convinced of several cars that I thought I liked that I now know I will never purchase (like the 2009 Honda Accord- not a fan of the body style) or a Saab- I've decided it has a duckbill platypus-dinosaur beak type of front end. Not very pretty. Here are some pics:



1968 GT 500
Beautiful car. I am a HUGE classic car fan (my parents even got me the 2009 Classic Mustang calendar this year :) yeah, there's a '65 'Stang in the background :grin: )



2009 Dodge Challenger. I didn't like the Charger. I saw the Challenger as a concept car and I think they did a very good job of maintaining the lines from the classic style. Plus, it's orange :)


I was not impressed with the field of view however...sweet, just saved myself $45k!


Why won't they let you sit in the really cool cars? This is the 2009 Nissan GTR- it won Motor Trend Car of the Year. Awesome car.


Lisa, me, and Lynn checking out the Volkswagon sound system


Totally can't remember who designed this concept car, but the windows were boggling our minds


Lynn, Josh, and Mike, marveling over the price tag of Lisa's wish-car- BMW 500 series

No comments: