Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hilarious

So, I just started reading this book that I was very excited to start reading. It's outside of what I normally read. It has the phrase "National Bestseller" on the cover. Gasp! No, pigs aren't flying...yes, I don't normally read bestsellers because, well, for the most part, they are very disappointing.

This particular book may be the exception. The title? "The Know-it-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World" by AJ Jacobs. It's an autobiographical tale of the author's quest to read the entire Britannica encyclopedia. He breaks down the chapters into letters. I just finished C. It's an awesome mixture of facts and extremely dry (my favorite!) humor and the goings on of his every day life.

My favorite excerpt so far that had me snorting with laughter for a full three minutes? (not including right now as I am remembering it)

" Brain:
The Britannica's brain-related highlights so far: the Greeks believed that it produced mucus, which gives new meaning to blowing your brains out"

hahahahahahahahahahaha...

No comments: