Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hugs

The title really should be "God hugs". I know that sounds weird, but bear with me. As believers in Christ, we all KNOW that God listens to us...but sometimes it feels as if He isn't. These past two weeks for me have been filled with little moments where I feel like God is giving me a hug, saying "I am hearing you". I have been overwhelmed with what the world would call "coincidences" or "that's weird" moments. God has been confirming what He is teaching me and how I am applying it in my life, left and right, and I just feel so blessed to have that knowledge and tangible reassurance.

Besides the amazing message I got to hear at church today, which confirmed my blog from Thursday, I purchased the latest album from Sovereign Grace Music, and lo and behold my favorite psalm ever, Psalm 130, is one of the psalms they did...and here are the lyrics...once again confirming my blog from Thursday- which could probably be subtitled "The Big Picture". God is so good.

Out of the depths, O Lord, I cry to You
When I am tempted to despair
Though I might fail to trust Your promises
You never fail to hear my prayer
And if You judged my sin
I’d never stand again
But I see mercy in Your hands

So more than watchmen for the morning
I will wait for You, my God
When my fears come with no warning
In Your Word I’ll put my trust
When the harvest time is over and I still see no fruit
I will wait, I will wait for You

The secret mysteries belong to You
We only know what You reveal
And all my questions that are unresolved
Don’t change the wisdom of Your will
In every trial and loss
My hope is in the cross
Where Your compassions never fail

For those of you who are interested, here is Psalm 130 (ESV), which those lyrics are based on:

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my please for mercy!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for morning
more than watchmen for the morning

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast
love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities

No comments: