Saturday, October 4, 2008

Adventures in PA!

So I am currently in Lancaster, PA visiting my good friends Jana and Scott. I haven't seen them since their wedding almost a year ago, so it has been a TON of fun catching up with them and with their family out here. I flew in on Thursday night and on Friday, Jana and I played tourists shopping at the Kitchen Kettle Village (yum, apple and pumpkin butter!) and I dragged her to several quilt shops...I've got a new project in mind and I was actually able to talk to some of the ladies in the shops and discovered that my project won't be as challenging as I thought!

Okay, I really look like one of those red/purple hat ladies...but I was just trying on an Amish hat...
We joined Jana's family and Scott's brother and his wife Heidi at the Shady Maple Smorgasbord that evening for dinner...about as much Dutch food as you can imagine. Sooooo good. Today we took the train ( I love trains- I really wish Houston had them...or rather Texas in general) into Philadelphia so I could be a tourist. The big ticket items were to see the Liberty Bell and for me to re-enact a few scenes from "National Treasure". No, it's not my favorite movie, but I was really looking forward to being a bit goofy and running around Philadelphia :)

Me, Jana, and Scott waiting for the train in Lancaster

Jana and me on the train (we have a long train history :) )


Reading Terminal Market



Me re-enacting the scene in National Treasure where the girl is hiding in the flowers in the Reading Terminal Market and Riley comes up behind her and scares her....

Me in front of the Liberty Bell...I was unintentionally blocking the crack (thanks Scott for telling me..- it was also a lot smaller than I expected, the bell, not the crack)

Okay, remember the scene in National Treasure where they go into Urban Outfitters (seen above) and then look at the time on the clock tower on a $100 dollar bill using a water bottle? Well....

(okay, no, I wasn't looking at a $100 bill...but that's not the point...look, I even got the leather jacket on! :) )

After touring the Mutter Museum of medical oddities (slight gross, yet slighty fascinating...) we high-tailed it to the Rodin Museum (see The Thinker above) before catching the train back to Lancaster. Fun times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great! I love that movie. Have fun!! : )

nujoud said...

Weird, we were also in Lancaster over the weekend, arrived on Thursday, went to see the Liberty Bell, and also considered that I was running around where National Treasure was filmed. Bizarre that it appears we did many similar things nearly simultaneously without knowing it.

Lynn and Chad said...

love the hat and the National Treasure references and reenacting scenes! Cute, very cute!

Colette Frazier said...

Hey Girl! I'm so glad you got to go to PA in the fall. I'm sure it was beautiful.
You are just checking off that
"top things to do before you die" list...ride a houseboat in Kerala, see the liberty bell:)