Saturday, October 18, 2008

Odds and Ends

Half Marathon-3 months and counting! 3 months from today I will be at approximately mile 6 of my first half marathon!

I got my OFFICIAL USA Triathlon membership yesterday...and a cool sticker that is now gracing my rear windshield :). For every triathlon you do, you have to pay for insurance...its cheaper to buy the year long USAT membership if you plan on doing three or more tris a year (which I plan to do) so, its worth it. Plus, you get a cool sticker. Now tell me that's not motivation...

I made my half training schedule last weekend, working in three other races between now and 1/18/2009...the Mud Run 10K (which is really more fun than a race...at least I hope!), the Pearland 10 mile Jingle Jog at the beginning of December and then...I talked my brother (who is also training for a half-marathon, except he runs a 6ish minute mile!) to doing a 30k (18.64 miles) relay race on Dec 21st in AZ...so we will each run about 9.3 miles apiece.

I am so excited that God has blessed me with such great health over this past year that these athletic goals are becoming realities. I went a year without needing any steroid injections to control inflammation. Of course, 3 5Ks, a 10K, a sprint tri, and a flight lead later, I had to bite the bullet and get doped up this week for a minor flare which consisted of costochondritis (the connective tissue between my ribs was swelling...pushing the ribs apart...ouch!)...but I am feeling MUCH better and even went for a easy run this morning :). Yay for God's grace and presence in my life!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Holy cow!!! 3 months!!! I didn't even realize!! Need to get off my butt and start running more since I have been slacking for the past 2 weeks!