Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My first running injury

That would be a torn gastroneimus muscle, or what most people call your calf muscle. After a week of icing it and limping along, I decide the looming Mud Run was looking a bit iffy the way I was feeling, so I went to see a sports medicine person today and thus the diagnosis. I did my first PT session (deep tissue massage and torn muscle=Melissa about to kick the guy in the face with the other foot while she quips "so what's the point of this massage, I mean besides to cause me lots of pain?"- good thing he had a sense of humor). I've got 5 more sessions scheduled before the race...which the doc says is still possible, we'll know more after this week...here's to fast recovery!

3 comments:

B said...

Ouchums

shari said...

How can I pray for you? That you'll recover completely before the race or not? ha My brows were furrowed reading about your massage. Ow!

Mike said...

Yuck, sorry to hear about your injury! Here's to a speedy recovery!