Saturday, October 11, 2008

PA part two

Jana and I saw these really neat looking mum decorations outside a cafe, so she bought a pumpkin and some mums and we proceeded to make one to put outside their place after church on Sunday. The neighbor kids joined in and we had a pumpkin carving fest...too bad Houston doesn't have a fall, I think I would enjoy that season very much...we don't really have a fall in Arizona either. Although, I did buy two pumpkins the other day (they are currently baking and will be made into pumpkin bread today) and Home Depot had mums...after the PA experience, it seemed a bit odd to be buying a mum while still wearing flip flops, but hey, you gotta be thankful for what you have :).


Pumpkin guts...its been awhile since I have done this



Jen put a sailboat on her pumpkin...although we all thought it kinda looked like a Cyclops pumpkin...


Jana and I and the finished project. Isn't it pretty?


Oh, this is Scott and Jana's dog, Sophie. She's a sweetheart.

2 comments:

Lynn and Chad said...

I like the pumpkin and mums idea...taht turned out great! You looked like you were havin' fun scrapin' pumpkin guts! Can i have the recipe for pumpkin bread/muffins...they looked yummy! I have a pumpkin on my counter just waiting to be made into something.

Alee said...

This is SUCH a cute idea! I love creative pots! I think I'll do this! But maybe not with mums - I've heard mums in Houston don't do well - they bloom awesome the first time, and then it's hard to get them to bloom fully again.