Thursday, October 23, 2008

Musings

As I drove over to Irma's this morning, I was wondering what I was going to be studying next...I had finished going over my favorite chapter, Isaiah 43 and didn't quite know where to move onto next. As we sat down to study, I flipped through the Psalms and stopped at Psalm 65. As I read through it, some of the phrases started catching my eyes:

"awesome deeds", "farthest seas", "ends of the earth", "full of water", "girded with might", "roaring of seas, waves", "overflowing with abundance", "crown the year", "joy, shout, sing"

This psalm describes the acts of God and I started thinking about the bolded words and how those were significant in describing God Himself, as in not only His actions, but how that speaks of His character.

God does not stop halfway. His works are awesome, full, mighty, overflowing, abundant, they crown our life, raising shouts of joy and singing from within us...they are unending- reaching to every corner of our heart and life. And so is God. And He doesn't change.

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ"- Philippians 1:6

"Also henceforth, I am he, there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"- Isaiah 43:13

"equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory, forever and ever, amen"- Hebrews 13:21

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change"- James 1:17

The totality and supremacy of God's work and presence in our lives should astound us . It cannot be undone, or surpassed by anything of this world. A friend may bless us in one moment and hurt our feelings in the next- as we are only human. God may bless and God may bring troubles and trials into our lives, but He is not troubling or trialing us to hurt us- remember that He can see the big picture- He is expressing His love for us- disciplining and preparing and tempering us for some purpose and reason that He has yet to reveal.

In a world that is insecure and ever changing from moment to moment, how great is the knowledge of knowing His love for us and that He is permanent- in all aspects!

2 comments:

Lynn and Chad said...

well said. :)

shari said...

Fantastic! Are you preaching on Sunday morning? hee hee Just teasing. That was a great encouragement; thank you for sharing your thoughts and musings with us for it has lifted my soul this morning! I will add some of those scripture verses to my walls here at home! Shari