Monday, September 15, 2008

Grin

So very minor roof leak at my place...and that's it!!!! Yay!!! There are trees down EVERYWHERE (the view from my balcony looks very different now). My part of the bay must have been protected from the worst, because about a half a mile down the shoreline, there are a few apartment complexes that got smashed...there are boats sitting in between the rows of apartments! I took pics of the fallen trees and such, but not like that is anything new. The pictures of the boats on the road and stuff, well, there were a lot of people around who live in that area and I just felt bad taking pictures of their misfortune, so you'll just have to picture the scene in your head. No power or water though, so I'll be here for a little bit. I may move back down to Houston once friends in the area get power back, so at least I can be closer...but from the reports of my friends, God was very merciful. It could have been sooo much worse.

3 comments:

xtinapaul said...

Awesome Melissa - you're welcome to charge up or stay over by us.

Melissa said...

Thanks Christina. I may take you up on it if there is still no power by Wednesday. I figure I can still sleep and stuff at my place and leave the cats there (since the weather is pretty tolerable right now- they shouldn't get too hot) but might borrow you guys for a stove and stuff :) and interesting and entertaining conversation, things like that ;-)

xtinapaul said...

Eggs and Bacon are welcome to come... let me know if you want to borrow a camping stove.