Saturday, September 13, 2008

Start of the aftermath

Still trying to find out about the damage in my area. A friend saw my apartment complex on TV and said it looked okay, structurally,- so that's reassuring...very glad that I am on the second floor since that area was underwater... it looks like the road (146) that goes by Kemah is completely covered with debris (lumber, boats, etc). I didn't recognize Kemah bridge...I think some of the houses around there might be gone...maybe it was just the camera angle...

Right now we are getting some winds and a lot of rain here in College Station. A tree fell down out front (just missing the power lines!- so we still have power and internet...cozy in the house :) ).



I got a report that a tornado hit in Pearland, and sounds like it damaged/destroyed? one of my girls's house...I'm hoping it just ends up being damaged. But they are safe, thank God. Pray for the McDuffie family.

No comments: