Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home tomorrow!

I am so excited! I am going home tomorrow! Still no power, but I figure I can "tough" it out for awhile. The gym at work is open for folks without power to charge cell phones, use the internet, and shower, and it is only 3 miles from my house. My friends, Christina and Paul, have also opened up their home to me (and I will be borrowing their camping stove) and they live about 15 minutes away (trying to conserve gas!). Work opens on Monday.

Today I whiled away the hours camped out in a bakery reading through a stack of books and drinking the never-ending cup of coffee :). Then I stocked up on dry goods, water, and ice. I'll be home-sweet-homing it this time tomorrow night.

I am so thankful for Angie and Andrew housing and feeding me for the past week. They are great friends and have been wonderful company. Thanks guys!

No comments: